Easy Grilled Pizza and Fire Roasted Potatoes
With spring around the corner, we’re all updating our wardrobes, chopping off our hair, and getting ready to emerge from our winter caves. Spring brings out the best in us and allows us to get back together with friends and COOK! There’s nothing like hanging in the backyard with people you love, drinks in hand, grilling up some of the best food you’ll have this season.
Have you ever grilled a pizza or roasted potatoes over a fire? You will soon! Once I found this potato recipe in the cookbook “Date Night In” by Ashley Rodriguez, I knew it would be a staple in my house! These two recipes will be your easy go-tos for weekends on end!
FIRE ROASTED POTATOES
· 1 pound baby red potatoes, diced
· Garlic, chopped
· 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
· 1/3 cup red onion
· 2 tablespoons sour cream
· 1 ½ tablespoons grainy mustard
· Fresh dill
· Salt and pepper
1. Make a fire!
2. Mix everything together in a bowl
3. Lay out 2 layers of aluminum foil, add potatoes, and fold over the sides to make a pouch
4. Set the pouch on the hottest part of the fire for 20 minutes, flipping over half way
5. Let cool
*Alternatively, you can preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 40 minutes
For the dough:
· 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
· 1 ½ cups self-rising flour
For the toppings:
· Tomato paste or your favorite sauce
· Toppings of your choice
· Olive oil
*If you don’t have self-rising flour, you can substitute a mix of 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder, and ¾ teaspoon of salt
1. Combine dough ingredients in a bowl, and knead well for 5-8 minutes.
2. Allow dough to rest for 5 minutes.
3. While your dough is resting, heat up your grill and use the olive oil to grease the grill grates.
4. Stretch your dough to size, about 12 inches, and place on a well floured baking sheet. This will help it slide right onto the grill.
5. Slide the dough onto the grill.
6. Let it sit, lid closed, for about 2 minutes. You’ll start to see air bubbles.
7. Take off the grill, and add your sauce and toppings to the side you just grilled.
8. Slide the pizza back onto the grill and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the cheese is bubbly!
9. Add garnishes to your liking.