Tucked away in a little London alley in Covent Garden is Neal’s Yard. On one rare sunny London spring day, I happened upon this bright little alley and a, now favorite, health food store called Neal’s Yard Remedies. The heath nut in me sure did love this store teeming with natural supplements, face balms, and superfoods. Every spring day this store had fruit infused water and other healthy drinks for patrons and passerby’s. One of my favorites is the following Matcha Mocktail. Whether you’re having some friends over or you’re in need of a healthy, mental boost, this drink is sure to be your new favorite go-to.
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
1 teaspoon matcha powder – natural energy boost, ideal for improved mental clarity, metabolism, and calm
1 lemon- freshly squeezed
Handful of fresh mint leaves
Maple Syrup to taste – a natural, mineral-rich sweetener (one can also use simple syrup)
16oz sparkling water
1. Mix the matcha powder into a paste with a little water.
2. Dilute with sparkling water in a large jug.
3. Add torn fresh mint leaves.
4. Squeeze lemon juice and add maple syrup to your taste.
5. Leave in the fridge for a few hours or serve immediately poured over plenty of ice.